Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Salvation Story

I've been doing well with my challenge. Hubby has been very impressed.
Today we both have colds. This weather is just not what we are used to around here. It has been so hot and humid. Usually we don't see weather like this until July. Finally this morning it rained, but the damage has already been done. Hopefully the rain washed away some of the allergines that have been growing for the past week. Meanwhile, I'm on an over the counter antihestimen and vitamine C.
I thought today I would share my salvation story.
I was baptized when I was 5. I was told at that time that since I had repeated a prayer and got wet that I was safe from Hell. I carried doubt with me for almost 10 years. When I was 14 my youth group went to a large state youth conference called "Youth Encounter". During the final session a man spoke about how many kids my age, that had grown up in church, had been told they were saved and not really made a decsion for the Lord. I knew that was me. When we got home I was very distressed and told my parents I didn't think I was saved. My dad prayed with me and I went forward in church that night. I was nervous that people would think I was a fonny becuase I had claimed to be a christian and my parents were very important people in the church at that time. But, after I declared my descion publically, the preacher's daughter came forward too-saying that she had been convicted of the same thing and had the same worries, especially considering she was a pk. We were baptized together-we were also friends. To be honest I didn't really start to grow in a relationship with the Lord until 2003 when we found out about my infertility. I know God used this trial to get me to search for Him. It wasn't enough just be safe from Hell, I needed to desire God in my life. I needed to learn what He needed me to know.

3 comments:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I was wanting to read your testimony (popped over here from one of the Fitness Friday posts), but I think I'm going to have to give up on that. :-(

The print is so close in color to the background that it's very hard on the eyes. Maybe you would consider making it a bit darker?

Bethanie said...

sorry about that. before we started having these fancy backrounds I used to use different colors.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Enjoyed reading your testimony. That is so true, and your courage to step forward encouraged your friend to do the same. That is awesome.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the color so I could read it. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails