Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Desire of My Heart3

I've been busy at work today. But, I'm going to try and continue here.
The following days are pretty blury. I think I was numb. I'm not sure when I recovered from my surgery. Because of my foot, I wasn't too concerned about the holes in my belly. I was on vicodine. The interesting thing about vicodine is that it doesn't really take away the pain, but it sure does make you not care. I call it "the fog". I was in and out of the fog for weeks. Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went. I don't remember a thing about them. After about two weeks, I left my mother's house and went home. At the time my husband worked nights. So, for 10 hours a day I would need someone to stay with me. I remember my brother stayed with me a lot. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure who else did. I'll have to ask. My husband took care of everything. Up until then I had been taking care of the bills. Also, he had to keep up with the house. He was great! I'm not sure how long I was on the pain killers. One day I was watching Dr. Phil and he had a woman on his show who was addicted to vicodine. I took my last one that day. Which is when the fog cleared. But, I was still unable to fully process what had happened until I was done healing. After I stopped taking the vicodine I could stay at home by myself. With my wheel chair I could get around the house on my own and I came up with some creative ways of doing things. Because I started with the wheel chair I didn't really learn how to crutch well. Thats a lot harder than it looks. All together I was layed up for 8 weeks. After that I had physical therapy. It was the end of January before I could put both shoes on and walk without limping. Just in time for the big test at the Fertility place.
Continued on Tuesday.

5 comments:

Leigha said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Bethanie. It sounds like you have been through a lot, but your blog has been a blessing to me, as I'm sure it has been for many others.

Bethanie said...

Thanks leigha!

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Bethanie,
I just read part 2 and 3. I just can't imagine how hard that time was for you. I can only relate to the devastating times I've had in my own life and I know that God allows use those times to grow us in some way.

I'm looking forward to reading "the rest of the story".

I thank you for bravely telling of this time in your life. I know that more healing will come out of doing so.

Grantham lynn said...

I only read your last two posts. I am praying for you. Isaiah 55:8 has been a Blessing to me. Take care and lean on Him.

Anonymous said...

Keep sharing dearheart, it really is a blessing.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails