Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Birth Control

There has been a lot of talk about birth control lately in our blog society. I'm no expert on the subject, but here's my experiance and opinion. I've been on the pill since I was 16 years old. I was put on it for problems with my period. Doctors use the pill or shots all the time to "fix" these issues. They perscribe them as magic drugs that will take all the problems away. For me it only caused more. I went off the pill when we decided to try and have a baby. I ended up with ovarian cysts which I had to have surgery for. Also I continued to have the problems with my period. During the year that we were trying I had 3 periods. I don't know if everyone knows how things work, but without a cycle you can't get pregnant. Now, I have other problems and issues but the pill just added to my disfunction. You see, during the years that I was taking it, my body became dependant on it. Without it I will not have a cycle and/or I'll get cysts. So I remain on it. It didn't fix me at all.
If God has blessed you with a spouse and good fertility-then have babies. God won't let you have more than you can handle.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

Bethanie, have you ever looked into progesterone? I know a lady who was on the pill for the same reason you were. I don't know for how long (she had already had 2 kids). She ended up switching doctors, and he got her off the pill and they worked on her progesterone. She now has a beautiful little boy.

Also a lady at my church was somewhat irregular. After two years she was able to conceive 3 different times, but it always ended in miscarriage somewhere around 8 weeks. Her midwife was able to put her on progesterone and they kept a close eye on it through out her pregnancy... And now she too has a darling baby boy.

I don't know a whole lot about it, or if it would work in your situation. My heart really goes out to you! I hope that God will soon bless you with a little one whether it's through adoption or your own womb. As that verse in Psalms says "He maketh the barren woman to be a joyful mother of children!" (or something like that ;))

God bless you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails