Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, July 14, 2006

Where the truth set me free

This is where I discovered the truth. Women at the Well is a ladies forum on ezboard. I'm not active there anymore simply because I enjoy blogging more and it takes most of my free time. But this is where I was first introduced to anti-feminism and the role of biblical wife. When I first started sifting through all the information I thought these women were insane. I was brought up my a self proclaimed feminist. Now... I have no doubt in my heart that my mother is a born again christian, yet she is wrong in these areas. At the time I had never thought that was possible-that my mother could be wrong. I remember the day that I decided to try it out. I knew that the controlling selfishness I had been displaying in marriage wasn't working. I knew that if I didn't try something different that it would be over. That day I was given this advise from a woman on the board: "Greet him at the door when he gets home with a smile. Tell him you love him, and ask him what you can do to make his evening relaxing. Tell him you want to help him." I did just that. Not only that but for the first time in a very long time I made a real dinner and cleaned up after myself. I listened to him tell about his day and when he made a comment that I didn't like I kept my mouth shut. I let him work outside all afternoon without nagging him to spend all his free time with me. Guess what- not once that whole evening did we have any arguements or breakdowns (which had previously been a daily occurance in our home). Thats when I knew that this "respecting your husband and being a help meet" was the real thing. At the time I was desperate to try anything. I thought, "If takes me unlearning everything I thought was right...then I'm up for it". Even then I still loved my husband. But now I cherish him. It feels good.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, Bethanie. It's wonderful the work God does in us if we just let Him!

Brittney said...

Wow, Bethanie! That was precious! Thanks for sharing your testimony. That is so neat how God has worked in your heart and has thereby enriched your marriage and your own life. What a beautiful thing femininity is! I pray your mom will see how wonderful this transfomration is. I think it's neat that you didn't condemn her.

God bless you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails