Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cooking Question


My man is a meat and potatos kind of guy. So I'm always trying to come up with a new way of fixing potatos.
Last night I decided to try this:
cube potatos, cover in olive oil, mix w/ ranch dressing mix. Bake on cookie sheet.
Now, they had a good taste and hubby praised what he could eat. One problem-They stuck to the bottom of the sheet terribly. What caused that? I just don't have a lot of commen sense when it come to cooking and I really thought the oil would keep that from happening.
Since hubby like it so well I really want to get it good and right.
Help!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

What kind of pan did you use? Aluminum? Glass? Air vented?

~Kristi

theups said...

Hi Bethanie!!
I make potatoes somewhat similar to this and I take them out of the oven every 20 minutes and stir them around. They are a little stuck each time, but I just keep moving them around. Maybe this will help some.

His,
Mrs. U

Isabella in the 21st Century said...

I think it could've been the Ranch Dressing. If he really liked the taste why not invest in some of that reusable (forever!lol!) baking parchment. It feels a little like oil cloth or thin, flexible rubber. It's absolutely brilliant and *nothing* sticks to it...I love it!...No I don't work for the company!

I came to you via Amy at "Amid Chaos" and I'm enjoying your blog.

Blessings!

Bethanie said...

Kristi- Its a metal pan so I guess Aluminum I'm not sure.

"plain & Simple"- I think I know what product your talking about I'll have to look into that.

Thanks everyone for the advise.

Bethany said...

I think maybe using a glass pan would work alot better. Our family has a favorite potato recipe -- the first time I baked it was in a glass pan and I had no problems. The next time I used an aluminum pan, and everything stuck horribly! So back to the glass one! :D

Just an idea...I'm not a whiz in the kitchen, either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails