Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hubby & Me (part 4)

On Monday morning he didn't say much about the prom. A few weeks passed and school let out for the summer. We started calling each other since we weren't seeing each other every day. Hub has worked full time every since he was 16 years old. Through out our courtship, we mostly saw each other for a date night and that was all. He invited me over for lunch at his house on Memorial Day. I met his family (mom, older brother and his family). When it was time for me to go, he walked me to my car and finally kissed me. I was in a daze of heart shaped stars all afternoon. Shortly after that he asked me out on another date. I remember my curfew was 10:00. We saw the new version of Godzilla. I didn't care for it, but I enjoyed being with him. During the movie he put his arm around me. Thats when I realized that I was going to have to tell him where I stood on being physical. It was very important to me to save myself until marriage. I figured I would be wasteing both of our time if I didn't make it clear that he wasn't getting anywhere with me in that respect. During the ride home I kind of just blurted it out. I cringe now at how blunt I was with this fellow that I still didn't know that well. When I was finished telling him what I wasn't going to do and what was allowed, he was very quiet. In fact he didn't speak to me the whole way home. When we pulled up to the house, he didn't turn the engine off as if he was just dropping me off. I got out of the car and woundered if I had just ended our relationship.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails