Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Christian Book Stores

Recently I've visited a couple of Christian Book stores in our area. Ones that I've shopped at before and found helpful in my growth as a helpmeet and homemaker. But, upon browesing them recently I noticed that any conservative books that they used to carry have been discontinued. Now the shelves are full of Joyce Meyer books, Joyce Meyer bibles (yeah she thinks she needs her own bible), Joyce Meyer calendars, etc. Then I look over in the next eisle and there are Beth Moore everything-Gloria Copeland everywhere.
Have you noticed it or is it just me? Has Christian Book Store even gone liberal?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Christian bookstores went liberal a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago in my opinion. But recently, they've been more in the face about it. Have come out of the closet a little more.
There are still some things I like to get there, but not in books. Mostly just cards and gifts.

~Kristi

Bethanie said...

Well, it was new to me. Maybe I just hadn't noticed much before. Its so discouraging! I can't order books on-line because hubby doesn't like that idea-so I'm not sure what I'm going to do for books.

Anonymous said...

I agree with happymama...I noticed it first about ten years ago when I went into a humongous one and their music section was nasty! Horrible posters of Christian rock groups that looked no different than their secular counterparts. Sneers, nose rings, you name it. It horrified me then as it does now.

You'll have to petition your local library to either inter-library-loan the titles you want (it's free usually) or start a Christian section of their own.

Thankfully we have the internet and all the great homemaking blogs to read!

Related Posts with Thumbnails