Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Giving Thanks


I'm going to start posting about one thing I'm thankful for every week. I don't make resolutions, but I do like to challenge myself to do certain things when I feel convicted.
Its so easy to take the little comforts and good things for granted. I amaze myself at how discontented I can get, and yet there are sooooo many nice things about my day.
Today I'm going to post about how thankful I am for my shower and the great shower head we have. I grew up in the country with hard water. We couldn't have a shower because it would get clogged with the minerals and such. I had to take a bath every day. When we got married I was really taken with our shower. We lived in a trailor for the first 9 monthes of our marriage, and the shower was small and it wasn't always warm-but I thought it was great compared to a bath. Then we had to move back in with my parents for awhile and it was back to baths again. When we bought our house, one of the first things I did was take a shower. We didn't even have our furniture in yet, and I was sudsing away. I really love a great shower! Now that I have to be a morning person especially. We have one of the shower heads that has the different options for water pressure. One is a light mist, another is like rain. Its wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful thing to be thankful for. We live in the country, and our shower doesn't work...so it's baths for our family. I do miss having a working shower, but even when it was working, the pressure was nil. I know my dh could fix it, but hasn't the time. He, too, prefers showers, so I know he'll get around to it one of these days. So I'm thankful for a wider/deeper than normal bathtub...

I look forward to reading more of your thankful posts. That is a great idea!

Bethanie said...

I'll have to post some pictures of the construction we are doing on our bathroom. Its been a job-nearly 2 years now. Hubby just started working on it again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails