Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 12, 2007

Nurturing

This very morning, right at this second my mother is in surgery. She has had a problem with her hand for some time and finally she opted for surgery. The doctor is going on vacation soon, so they decided to do it right away. Since everyone else has a full time job, I was chosen to stay with her while she is recovering. She will be down and out for 6 weeks.
This is going to be a tricky situation. With work and home, I'm going to be a busy gal. My first priority is my husband, who swears he'll make it in the afternoons without me for a while. Second, is my home. I'm going to have to do all my cleaning and other homemaking business in the morning after hubby is off to work and before I go to work. I thank God for my crock pot, its going to be working over time. Tonight's dinner is BBQ Ribs.
I'm sort of a little nervous about taking care of my mom. I know its going to become more and more necessary in the distant future as she ages, but right now its kind of strange. She has always been the one taking care of me. Plus I don't want to do more or less than she wants. I guess I just don't know exactly whats expected of me. I consider myself pretty nurturing when it comes to my hubby (when he's sick and such). So, hopefully I'll do alright with this as well.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails