Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 09, 2007

Another Book Added To My List

Last night PBS showed a BBC version of The Wind In The Willows. I thought the title sounded familiar. I went over to my bookcase and sure enough I had it. I think I picked it up at a yard sale last year. I guess I didn't know what I had. Its a famous children's book in Britian. I watched a few minutes of the movie, and enjoyed what I saw. I didn't continue because I hate to watch the movie before I read the book. I figured they would air it again sometime or I might beable to get my hands on it from the library when I'm finished reading.

3 comments:

TO BECOME said...

What a great find. My oldest son and daughter-in-law are always finding real old books and some of them are very precious to them. I hope you enjoy your book. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

My dad's mom read these books to him, and made them available to me as well. I read WintheW's to my oldest when she was three...she, of all my children, could sit for hours while I read chapter books to her...

Bethanie said...

connie-thats probably why I picked it up, because its old. I love old books.
Mary- I wasn't very interested in reading or being read to when I was a kid. I was more into t.v.

Related Posts with Thumbnails