Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blogging Meme

Found this at smockity frocks

How did you start blogging?
I started blogging on yahoo. That was complicated because in order for someone to read your blog they had to sign up at yahoo. It was a good way for me to get to know my sister-in-law while she had access to a computer though. Then I started blogging at myspace. But, I got fed up with the instability there, plus I felt censored because my mother knew where I was. I was hungry for any information I could come up with on woman's roles and such. I came across Chrystal's blog at Biblical Womanhood. From there I searched her blog roll and started visiting several blogs regularly. Then I realized that I might have something to contribute as I was learning from others.
Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it?
Well, I was hoping to get a few other bloggers interested because I wanted the fellowship. I wanted to exchange ideas and "be around" people who believed the same things that I did. First I asked Chrystal if she would add my link to her blog roll. Then I started commenting at the blogs I was lurking. I began participating in the carnivals just recently. On a daily average I have 5-7 comments and I have 20-40 real hits to my blog.
What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
I feel like I've definalty achieved the fellowship that I was looking for.
Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
Also, part of the reason I started blogging was that I wanted to journal my experince with adoption and working toward being at home full-time. We are still only in the "talking" stage of adoption and I'm still working. So, I blog more about cooking etc.
What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
I still don't know how to strick through words.
Do you make money with your blog? Depends on how you look at it. I blog at work.
Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
My husband knows about it, but he's never really read it because we don't have internet at home yet. My mother doesn't know because I don't want her as a troll.
What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?
read up on the codes and have fun.

2 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

I also started blogging because I felt in desperate need of a fellowship. Just knowing I'm not alone in my convictions about the feminine role is already so wonderful! Ever since I rejected feminism, I have been feeling sort of lonely in that sense.

Smockity Frocks said...

I enjoy reading your blog, Bethanie!

This is how to strike through words (strike)the words you want to strike through(/strike). Except you put <> instead of (). I couldn't actually do it because it would have just shown the words struck through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails