Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Father's Day post2


The most important thing to know about my dad is that he is a Christian. All of my life I've seen God's love in him. Being a truck driver, its a lonely exsitance. Hes told us the stories about being stopped for the night at a rest area and being kept up half the night because of the prostitutes banging on his doors asking for a "date". Yet, he never gave into temptation. That takes God sized courage. I remember when he was layed off for two years. I know it was a difficult time for my parents financially. But, I remember he would sit with us at night while we were trying to go to sleep. He would read to us, tell us stories, and pray with us.
For Father's Day I'm giving him a card and making him a Banana Cake.

2 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

You are so right, Bethanie (I've just read your reply to my comment on the previous post about your father). We all have a heavenly Father who is watching over us. Even if our earthly father is not present.

Alycia said...

What a special tribute to your Father ~ it sounds like he is an honorable and loving father. What a blessing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails