Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Husband Challenge

So far I'm doing pretty good. I'm praying for hubby each morning and I'm trying to figure out how to make myself look better. Yestarday I waited until I got home from work and I fixed my hair special and put on a nicer shirt. It was well recieved. I've been reading Anna's posts about modesty and feminimity and I admit I'm kind of lost when it comes to these subjects. I've never been able to figure out how to "fix myself up". Putting myself together in the morning just confuses me. What looks right and what doesn't? I look in my closet and I would have to buy a whole new wordrob to look like I would want to look. Thats just too expensive. But, I'm trying to make due with what I've got and when I do get the chance to buy something new I'm trying to be better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find money is the biggest limiting factor when it comes to getting new clothes and things. We easily tell ourselves that we have good enough clothes, so why get new ones-- or else we let clothes be gifts.

My wife and I have talked about having a fashion show where we try on all our clothes and "vote out" all that the spouse doesn't like. Then budget replacing the items a little at a time.

Do you think that you should have some input into how he dresses and what hair style he has?

Bethanie said...

Yes, I rarely buy clothes for myself. Most of my clothes are bought by my mother and sister-in-law and they have no concept of what I would really like to be wearing. Thats a pretty good idea about the fashion show.
Well, his mom always bought his clothes before we were married and basically that just went to me also. Although, I don't buy things without him usually. Hes a t-shirt and jeans guy so its not real complicated. As for his hair style its the same as its been since the day before we got married. When we were dating he had long hair, but for the wedding he decided to cut it short and it stuck. Honestly, I don't care what his hair looks like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails