Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Farmer's Market

Today I participated in my first farmer's market. It wasn't near as big as the one above (just a picture I got online), but it was successful. Last night I baked several dozen chocolate biscotti, cinnamon biscotti, ginger scones, and chocolate chip scones. I packed 5 biscotti per bag (ziplock) and 4 scones per bag and charged $2.00 a bag. Also, my mother baked a pumpkin pie and apple pie. We were cleaned out. I made around $30 (I haven't totalled it up yet). I had a great time and I was thrilled to have been so profitable on my first try. All (except tithe) proceeds go to our adoption fund.
The adoption is getting along slowly but surely. Our next step is our appointment with the marriage therapist which is June 16th.
My husband got a second job. His main job is Monday-Thursday (4- 10 hour shifts) and his new one will be Friday & Saturday (2- 8 to 10 hour shifts). Most of the income from the second job is also going to be saved for the adoption.
It seems like God is really paving the way for us to be able to afford the fees without going into a huge amount of debt.
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying staying home. I've been watching "little miss" a couple times a week. She's 7 mos. now. She is sitting up, trying to crawl, eating baby food, and saying "Dad Dad Dad", as well as many other vowel sounds. She's a cutie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed! You are making me want to get into the business! That is wonderful. Is your farmer's market in your hometown? The nearest one to me would be thirty miles away, so I'd have to make $10 just to cover my gas in there...not to mention my ingredients, etc. Still...keep it up, that is good news!

Loved this update, glad staying at home is agreeing with you! We knew it would! ;)

P.S. Great tip on the oatmeal, I'm going to check it out!

Bethanie said...

Well, I also have to mention that my mom helps me a bunch. She's been baking things too. The market is in the town my parents live in, about 10 minutes away.
Also, I've been eating oatmeal too now. I eat it cold with a little applesauce mixed in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails