Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I did some baking yesterday...

I did some baking yesterday. I volunteered to take some treats to the Wednesday night kid classes tonight. The pictures are mine.

These are Fruit Filled Oatmeal Bars. I found them on There is no place like home blog.
Ms. Kelli has many good recipes and craft ideas. The bars are really easy and very good.
I added cinnamon to the crumb mixture (I just love cinnamon in everything) and
I used strawberry pie filling instead of jam.


Below is my own No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.


Bethanie's No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

  • 1/4c brown sugar
  • 1/4c granulated sugar
  • 1/2c light corn syrup
  • 3/4c peanut butter
  • 1t vanilla
  • 2c rice krispies

Combine sugars and syrup in a medium sauce pan. Stir until incorporated. Cook on low heat until boiling. (I cook just until I see bubbles over the whole surface. It will start to bubble around the edges and they work their way to the middle) Remove from heat. Quickly stir in peanut butter, vanilla, & cereal. Quickly drop onto waxed paper with a spoon. Cool for about an hour or until they are set and easily come off the paper. If you're going to stack them on a plate, put squares of waxed paper between layers, they will stick together and you'll have one huge cookie. I usually measure out the final three ingredients while the sugars and syrup are heating, that way I have them ready to add as soon as the mixture boils. You have to work fast because it all starts to set up as soon as you take it off the heat.

But, they are very good and really pretty easy once you've tried it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails