Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Eating Update and New Blog Finds

Ms. Terry @ Breathing Grace


Ms. Giovanna @ My Three Little Monkeys Jumping On A Bed


Ms. Denise @ Free To Be Me


Ms. Karly @ Indescribable Life


Juliemom @ My Life As Juliemom


My new eating plans have been going very well. Yesterday I went on my first healthy shopping trip. I expected to pay big bucks for healthy food. However, I did not go over my normal budget..... which took careful shopping but I was pleased. One thing I learned was that fat free mayo is expensive (the most pricey thing that I put in my basket) and that tuna is not as low fat as I was made to believe. I did not purchase tuna. Yesterday morning the nurse (also my sister-in-law) called and said that hubby's triglycerides were sky high (over 1000). So he is now on my new eating plan also.


I wanted to say that we are not necessarily doing this to lose weight, although I'm hoping that will happen, but to take back our health.


I've decided to have one cheat meal a week. This will most likely take place on the weekend because we eat out more often. I really need something to keep me going as I'm crunching down carrot sticks instead of potato chips.


The exercising has yet to begin. I'm having a hard time figuring out when during my day it will fit. And plus.... I loathe it. Yet, I will do it. Once I start I won't fail.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails