Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day

picture taken from allposters.com
I mention this every year. Its something that is a part of me now. While I hope that you enjoy your Mother's Day celebrations, I also hope that you keep in mind that not everyone enjoys this holiday. If you know someone who recently lost their mother or is dealing with infertility or pregnancy loss, please keep them in your prayers tomorrow. This and Christmas have always been difficult for me. Usually I celebrate my mother before or after the day and avoid leaving my home on said day. However, I am aware that this could be my last Mother's Day with my maternal Grandmother so I am venturing out to attend church with her and the rest of my family. I will endure a sermon about how wonderful it is to be a mother, and make it through the flower ceremony. If you are around someone whom you know is fertility challenged, just be aware of the pain they may be feeling. Go out of your way to be friendly to them.
Its unfortunate that some must feel unpleasantness on such happy occasions, but it is real.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I understand how rough this day can be. Thinking of you!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that it is so hard. I wish I had magic words for you but sadly I don't. Praying for you and event thought it is hard remember God does everything for a reason!

Bethanie said...

thanks ladies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails