Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Little Mouse That Could

I first saw this little guy last weekend. He scurried across my living room floor, right there in front of me; lights on, tv on and everything. I was thinking, "that mouse is either really bold or really dumb". This is the first mouse I've seen since the great invasion of '07. I'm hoping it was one of those single occurrences. Anyway, I finally got around to buying some glue traps Tuesday, and put them out that night. I used cocoa puffs for bait. It wasn't long before I heard the ruckus. He was stuck really good. Now that I had him, I didn't know what to do with him. I woke up my hubby and he couldn't kill it. He threw it outside and said the cat could have it. I got worried that the cat might get stuck to it, so I finally went out and threw it in the trash thinking it would eventually starve or something. My hubby checked on it before he went to work and it somehow actually got unstuck. Still, I was thinking that there was no way he could get out of the trash can. That morning I checked on him again and he was chewing a hole in the bottom of the can. This was one determined mouse. When my hubby got home he picked him out of the can and put him in this old yellow pitcher.

After looking at him more closely, he was kind of cute. We decided to take him out to the country and let him go.


and there he is just before he ran off into the woods.


4 comments:

Donnetta said...

So kind to take it to the field and let it go.

Mary said...

Lucky little mousie! I can't believe that I actually agree with you, it was kinda cute! ;O) As long as it's not in MY house, right? ;O)

A Joyful Chaos said...

You have me sitting here shivering.

embieadoptmom said...

WOW! You guys are so kind. I would have smashed him! I HATE MICE! In fact we just got our exterminator to get a "plan" about a month ago for our mice and its been chilly and haven't seen any yet-KNOCK ON WOOD!

Related Posts with Thumbnails