Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yestarday...

My poor guy was sick yestarday. He goes into work at 3:30a.m. Well, he kept us both up all night hacking and sniffing. When the alarm went off at 2:50 he sat up and coughed so hard that I thought his insides might come up. I told him there was no way he was going to work. I drove into town, about 15 minutes, and picked up some cough syrup. Thankfully that nocked him out and we were both able to sleep until 8:00. I got him in to see a doctor, and took off work myself to take him. So, thats why I didn't post yestarday. The doctor gave him some antibiotics and a decongestiant and said he had a sinus infection. He was feeling good enough to go to work this morning. Now...I'm not feeling so hot. But, when I get home today I'll take an over-the-counter allergy med. and hope that does the trick. I have had major allergy problems every since I was little, so I'm used to being a little stuffy one day and a little horse another. I hope I'm not sick too.
Anyway...I was going to add my rules for myself today. I got to thinking about it this weekend and I really thought up more of a schedule for myself.

  • 2:50 a.m. Rise with a smile and encouraging word for my husband.
  • 2:50-3:30 Help husband get ready for work with a good attitude.
  • 3:30-6:00 STAY AWAKE!
  • 6:00-7:00 Go for a walk and spend time with God.
  • 7:00-8:00 Eat a nutritional breakfast, and put on a skirt or dress
  • I work from 9:00-12:00
  • 12:30-1:00 Eat a nutritional lunch
  • 1:00-2:00 Do daytime chores with a good attitude
  • 2:00-2:30 make sure you fix your hair and put on make-up for husband
  • 2:30-6:00 Spend time with husband with a good attitude
  • Go to bed with husband...don't stay up to watch tv
  • 2:50-do it all over again

I have other specific schedules and lists, but I thought this was important. I need to do these things to get closer to my goal as a Proverbs 31 woman. I have a real problem with commitment, but I know that being a good wife is my calling....its not like God is asking me to climb a mountain.

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Years ago my husband used to have to be at work by 3:30--I did not get up with him. Now, he gets up at 5:30 and I do get up and fix his breakfast. God convicted me of this a while ago. Sometimes when I have not slept well I call it a cereal morning.I used to feel guilty about this but now I know that it is o.k not to be perfect all the time.
Is it necessary for you to stay up after your husband goes to work?
I have found that it is very important for me to take some time to myself and remember the person I am and the things I liked to do before I became a wife and mother.
You don't want the person you were to disappear.

Bethanie said...

Wow, archiving are we. I had to search to figure out where this post was.
My husband prefurs cereal for breakfast so early in the morning, so I get off easy.
Your right, we certainly aren't perfect- but you should strive to please your husband.
I do try to stay up, I get a lot done in those early morning hours. But, and this is were the imperfection comes in, sometimes I just can't seem to get going.

Related Posts with Thumbnails