Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 12, 2006

Answer to comment question

at 12:18 PM BrittLeigh said...
Bethanie, have you ever looked into progesterone? I know a lady who was on the pill for the same reason you were. I don't know for how long (she had already had 2 kids). She ended up switching doctors, and he got her off the pill and they worked on her progesterone. She now has a beautiful little boy.Also a lady at my church was somewhat irregular. After two years she was able to conceive 3 different times, but it always ended in miscarriage somewhere around 8 weeks. Her midwife was able to put her on progesterone and they kept a close eye on it through out her pregnancy... And now she too has a darling baby boy.I don't know a whole lot about it, or if it would work in your situation. My heart really goes out to you! I hope that God will soon bless you with a little one whether it's through adoption or your own womb. As that verse in Psalms says "He maketh the barren woman to be a joyful mother of children!" (or something like that ;))God bless you!
BrittLeigh,
Thanks for your comment. I have done progesterone before to jump start my period when I was off the pill. Yes it would work to keep my periods regulated. However, the second reason I'm still on the pill is that it stops the symptoms and progression of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrom which is what causes the cysts. Progesterone doesn't. Or at least that is what my doctor says.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails