Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

Fab Friday



Cheesy Ham Chowder from Taste of Home


INGREDIENTS
10 bacon strips, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup diced carrots
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1-1/2 cups water
2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
Pepper to taste
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham


DIRECTIONS
In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Yield: 10 servings.

I made this Wednesday and it was soooo yummy! Except I made mine in the crock pot. Heres what I did: follow directions unitl "add the potatoes...". Put cubed potatoes and the rest of ingredients in the crock pot, pour in milk mixture. Cook on high for 3 hours. I used colby jack cheese and I added some on top of each bowl. Also I used canned carrots and just added them in right out of the can instead of sauteing.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I think I'll have to try that! I will leave out the corn though. I'm not a big fan of corn IN things! I LOVE corn but I don't like it IN things except Veggie Soup! I know I'm weird!!! I'll let you know what I think when I try it!!!!

Bethanie said...

Actually, I forgot to mention that I left out the corn too. But, because I didn't have any in my pantry at the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails