Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Remember The Amish Today


It makes me so sad that the evil world has struck these people. I mentioned a while back that I had read a couple of Christian Amish series. Yestarday when I heard this on the news I felt like I knew the people. The Amish are peaceful. They mind their own business and try to seperate themselves from the world as much as possible. They practice forgivness in everything. I was watching one of those morning shows this morning and the hosts were so amazed by their eagerness to forgive that man and embrace his family. I pray that I could be more like that. When I heard about it last night, my first thought was that I hoped he fried(not knowing that he had killed himself aswell). The man didn't do anything to me, but I felt anger and resentment towards him just hearing what he had done.
All of this must be terribly confusing to the Amish community. Please remember them in prayer today.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I cannot imagine what they are going through. May God give them grace.
R

getzapped said...

Your words ring so true! I will pray for them and the crazy world we live in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails