Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Purposal

I've been asked to share how hubby proposed, so here goes:
We drove out the town park and got out of the car. I remember the leaves were changeing and some of them had already fallen. It was a beautiful afternoon. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It wasn't a surprise-I knew when and where he would do it before hand. We had talked a lot about it.
The second time, a couple of nights later, he proposed again in my parent's drive way. Just before we went in to tell them.
The reason he did it twice was this:
I didn't think my parents would like it and I wanted to waite until I was 18 so there would be nothing they could do about it. Then Hub couldn't waite to do it, so thats the reason for the first purposal. The second, was just so we weren't technically lieing to my parents when we told them that he had purposed to me on that night, the actual night of my birthday. I don't think I've ever told them.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I always enjoy reading about other people's proposal stories. I can just picture all the beautiful fall leaves! I wrote out my "love story" this summer for my tenth anniversary. My proposal wasn't very romantic, but it sure makes a funny story!

Kristi said...

LOL, what a sneak!

~Kristi

Bethanie said...

Amy-yes I really enjoyed reading yours. I hope you don't mind I kind of stole your idea.
Happymama-Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails