Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 16, 2007

Marriage Monday Postponed

Marriage Monday Postponed
"fruit in season" is in the hospital. Shes having early contractions and they are trying to stop them.
I think I'm going to go ahead and post about the topic though.
Since we don't have children it is easier for us to spend time together. We can just pick up and go somewhere anytime we want to. We love to travel. Our honeymoon was basically a week long road trip. We've been to New York City (yes, we drove), Arizona, The Smokey Mts., Branson Mo., and everywhere in between. We love to see new things together.
During the summer we like to camp. It is the perfect opportunity to be a helpmeet. Everything during your day has to be planned for, worked on, and accomplished together. Cooking over the open fire, keeping the camper as clean as possible, keeping the fire going, it all takes preparation, time, and a joint effort. I love spent time working together.
Our typical Friday night usually goes like this: We eat out, we love to try new restaurants. We rent a couple movies, and cozy up on the couch together. Its the simple evenings that I truly enjoy. This is the time that we have to be comfortable together. To forget the hassles of the week, and rest.

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Years ago when I was a mom with younger children I would have envied the idea of being able to pick up and go when the desire struck. That always bothered me and I prayed for contentment where God has me right now. I have to do that as well with an emptying nest (cause I don't like it)! Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Sounds wonderful Bethanie, especially the camping. My hubby would love that! Thanks for posting, I'm glad I got to jump back in yesterday evening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails