Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fried Chicken

This is where I got the basics- I love Paula Deen
I've tried to fry chicken in the past, but I was usually unsuccessful. They wouldn't get done on the inside and they would burn. You know, the usual stuff. Yestarday at my parents house I watched Paula Deen fry chicken and it looked so easy. So this is what I did last night:
2 chicken quarters
2 eggs
Tblsp of water
flour and corn meal
vegetable oil
The chicken was frozen so I took it out of the freezer and let it thaw for a while. Beat the eggs and water together. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture. Flour and corn meal in a ziplock bag, and coat the chicken. I filled my biggest pot with oil about 1/3 full and preheated. Put the chicken in the oil and fried. It took probably at least 40 minutes altogether for it to get done on the inside and crispy enough on the outside, but I kept the heat fairly low so it wouldn't burn.
I served them with freshly canned green beans. A very southern, country meal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! We love fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. Sooo healthy. Not!

My mom always fried a whole chicken up for our road trips. Cold fried chicken at a park or roadside rest area. Memories!

Bethanie said...

I never said it was healthy, however my Grandpa has eatin like that all his life and he's 84 and fairly healthy. No, I won't be fixing fried chicken often.
My mom always said cold chicken was dangerous to eat. LOL

Brandy said...

Sounds very yummy. Hmmm, I'm going to have to make that soon.

Jennifer in MS said...

Mmmmmm!! I love fried chicken and haven't tried my hand at it in years. I've been tempted to try Paula's recipe. Every time I see it I think I will. It looks so Southern and yummy!

Smockity Frocks said...

I love Paula, too. She seems so full of joy!

Alycia said...

Yum!! This looks great!! I haven't had friend chicken in quite some time ~ you've inspired me for our Sunday meal :) Blessings and thanks for stopping by my place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails