Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 04, 2009

Chai Snickerdoodles


I'm bringing them to you even as I'm finishing them up. I couldn't wait to share because they are sooooo good! The original recipe comes from here. I modified it to fit what I thought would be good and had on hand.
Bethanie's Chai Snickerdoodles
  • 2 C Sugar
  • 1 1/2 T Chai latte mix
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 C Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 1/2 t. Vanilla
  • 2 3/4 C Flour
  • 1/4 t. Salt
  • 2 t. Cream of tarter
  • 1 t. Baking soda
In a large bowl combine sugar and chai mix. Reserve 1/2 C mixture. Add butter to original large bowl and cream. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In a medium bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients. Add dry to cream. Roll 1 inch balls, roll in reserved sugar, and place 2 inches apart on greased sheet. 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 3-5 min. Finish cooling on rack.
They are Divine! Chewy and crunchy at the same time. I think they would be wonderful for a tea party. I'm sure I will have some with my tea for breakfast in the morning.
* I have to confess that I never measure cinnamon. I just sprinkle some in. My measurement listed is just a guess.
Now, I have to finish up some bread by hand because somebody unplugged my bread maker to charge up his cell phone. I was so thankful that it hadn't made it to the bake cycle yet.

2 comments:

lady m said...

The look delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Lady M

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, they sound awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails