Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 01, 2009

Your Husband

picture taken from allposters.com
I've gotten into the habit of saying, "Your husband" to my friends when speaking of their husbands. I feel like speaking their husband's name is very personal. I usually know the name of their husbands, but I choose not to use it. Its a respect thing. Respect for my friend and her relationship with her husband. Most of the time I also use "My husband" when speaking of him to others. I want people to know that I respect my husband as my leader. As my head. I usually only use first names with close family. Its the little things that set you apart from the world's view of how you should interact with others.
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2kjv
The will of God is for wives to reverence their husbands. Their OWN husbands.
"Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband." Ephesians 5:33kjv
I'm not saying I think everyone should do this. I'm just saying that it's something that I do.

1 comments:

Pippy said...

Hi!
I'm a new follower, but I just wanted to tell you that I love how you use "your & my Husband"! My own blog today was actually about our sermon at church Sunday, about how husbands need our unconditional respect just as we need their unconditional love. Check it out if you get a chance & let me know what you think!
Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails