Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 30, 2006

Amish books



http://www.barbourbooks.com/book/detail/bishops-daughter-the/

My mom got me to reading this series. The picture is of the cover to the 3rd book. Right now I'm reading the second. The first two are called "The Storekeeper's Daughter" & "The Quilter's Daughter". These books are really good. I had never given much thought to the Amish. I am amazed at the role the women play in that lifestyle. They are taught from childhood that they are to be wives and mothers. A lot of the time they also contribute to the family financially without compromising their work at home. Throughout the book it talks about the different food they eat. I went searching for some authentic Amish recipes, but haven't found any yet.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails