Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 04, 2006

Fab Friday

Taken from "Very Best Baking"
Moist and tender, this chocolate cake is perfect for family gatherings.
Estimated Times:Preparation - 20 min Cooking - 35 min Cooling Time - 15 min cooling Yields - 10 to 12 servings
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup water
Chocolate Lover's Frosting
Directions:PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water. Spread into prepared pan(s).BAKE for 25 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 15 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool completely.FROST with Chocolate Lover's Frosting

Spread this decadent frosting on cakes, cupcakes, brownies, sugar cookies, your morning cereal.... You won't be able to stop!
Estimated Times:Preparation - 5 min Yields - 2 cups
Ingredients:
3 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
2/3 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
5 tablespoons to 6 milk, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:BEAT 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I *love* chocolate cake. I've always found that my homemade ones taste better the next day. I think they moisten up a bit and become more flavorful. Last year I tried using cake flour instead of all purpose - what a difference!

theups said...

Oooh!! I just LOVE this recipe! I just made it for our church Homecoming yesterday!! Everyone always likes it because it's soooo chocolatey!! :)

His,
Mrs. U (not a chocoholic, but a sweetaholic!!! tee hee!!)

Arlene said...

Hi, I just found you on Amy's page, so I've been browsing through your blog. I have to say -- Wow, this chocolate cake sounds yummy! I will have to try it soon. If I make it, I'll let you know how it turns out :~)

Related Posts with Thumbnails