Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Daycare

I've mentioned before, many times, that I'm a church secretary. Until my husband allows me to be a stay at home wife- this is what I do from the hours of 9:00-12:00. I've also mentioned a few times that this year our church has a government funded daycare/preschool useing a few of our rooms. They pay the church rent, but the "class" is in no way religiously based. Anywho, I hear and see so much out of this daycare. I've decided to weekly document some of the things that go on with them. I'm hopeing that I can give people an inside look at how these kids are treated, and maybe influence a passing reader to remove her child from the daycare he/she is in.
So far today:
I've heard a "teacher" yell, "Your Going To Give Me A Heart Attack!"
"Shut Up!"
"Wash Your Hands" (repeatedly yelled a child) then "Fine, Get Out" (it was a trip to the bathroom)
"I'm The Only One Allowed To Yell"
At different times it sounds like a zoo. Children screaming, most often for their mommies. "Teachers" yelling. Some child likes to bang himself up against the door. Others try to escape into the hallway. The other day a child got out, the "teacher" said "You Are Not Permited To Leave That Classroom". These kids are under 5 years old. Do you think he knew what permited ment.
Sometimes, I just shake my head and laugh at these stupid women. Others I'm discusted.
Oh....... theres another one. "We" are on another potty break and she is screaming at a little girl, "Would You Just Go Already!"
The scariest thing of all is that the parents know. Often one or more have come to visit, and the "teachers" don't act any different. It seems they don't care that perfect strangers are treating their children as if they are in boot camp. As long as the parents don't have to deal with the kids, apperently its over looked.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Reading those comments was very hard on me. My children were all, at various times, in some kind of daycare. I often wish I could go back and re-do this part of my life. When I left my husband, it never occurred to me that I could stay at home with my children even though I was a single parent. It would have probably helped keep some of the problems we faced away.

Bethanie said...

Terri
I'm sorry that the post made you feel bad-but at the same time I really feel the post was necessary for others.
When your a parent, things are hard. I know from observing my own parents that they sometimes wish that certain things had been different. But, we can't change the past. We can only be better for the future. Your certianly doing that.

Terri said...

I'm glad that you posted this article, Bethanie. You're right - many parents need to read this. It's really bad that some people don't care anyway. That is wickedness and evil.

And you're right about the future. I am thankful that I do have a better knowledge about a lot of things now. God bless you!

Bethanie said...

and God Bless You Terri!

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi Bethanie,
I found your blog through Crystal's.
I often hear how it's "better for children to be with their peers in daycare" and how homeschooling children makes them "socially isolated". What nonsense!

Smockity Frocks said...

Heartbreaking... :(

Bethanie said...

anna- I hear that alot also. I'm a prime example of why thats not true. I went to public schools and I was a terribly shy, anti-social child. If anything, public school causes shyness. Homeschool is an environment where the child is safe and comfortable.
myfriendconnie- isn't it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails