Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

5 Favorite Places To Eat

Weathertop Farm was tagged for a meme about her 5 favorite local places to eat. I guess I'm tagging myself and I'm going for 10.

  1. My all time favorite place to eat is Ophelia's Cup. Its a little coffee shop with a lot of personality. I love to get a Chi (decaf, sugarfree) and sit and read. The shop is like a mini-vacation in the middle of "farmland usa".
  2. Our favorite place for pizza is Joe's Pizza. Also they serve many different pasta dishes, salades and Italian deserts. Theres an old rumor that the orginal "Joe" was apart of the Chicago mofia. We go there at least once a month.
  3. Lately my husband is really into Mexican food. So far, the best place for that around here is El Palaiso in Flora, Il (they aren't even listed on-line).
  4. The Dutch Kitchen is the best place to get real Amish food. Its a couple of hours away, but its so worth the trip. You must have a slice of their Shoo Fly Pie.
  5. The Clabber Girl Bake Shop is in the middle of the Clabber Girl (yes thats baking powder) Musem. They also have a cute gift shop with all kinds of baking stuff. Click on the link and you'll see.
  6. Steamboat Super Sandwiches we found recently by accident. Its a small shop, but they have the best soup and sandwiches. My husband is usually more of a meat and potatoes guy, but he loved this place.
  7. The best place to get a yummy corn dog is the Fairview Drive-in. We can catch two movies and eat dinner for under $20.
  8. Tin Cup is the best place to get ice cream and cat fish, but not together. (the listing has the wrong town though, it should be Noble, Il).
  9. Acropolis is a Greek restuarnt that we tried a couple of years ago. It was very good and different from what we are used to. Although, the prices aren't something we can handle very often.
  10. Arbys is my favorite fast food joint. They offer more than just a burger. Their salads always seem fresh to me, and I like their deli sandwich options. Once you've eaten their healthier choices, then try one of their chocolate chip cookies; they are by far the best cookie I've ever eatin.

If you'ld like to list your favorites consider yourself tagged.

3 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Mmmm, it all sounds good!
Especially the greek place.

Christy said...

I just discovered your blog!!

I really enjoyed reading it...and this post made me hungry LOL.

I will definately be coming back to read more :)

I considered myself tagged by the way!

Bethanie said...

rohanknitter- I was hoping you wouldn't mind me inviting myself to do the post.
Christy- Welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails