Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

My Weekend In A Nutshell


Saturday morning we got up early. Well, late for us; but early for most. We were seeking fresh produce. We had the intentions of coming home with all kinds of goodies, we even brought our large cooler. Instead, all we ended up with was 6 peaches. To make a long story short, we learned that things aren't done growing until July. However, we did learn the location of two produce shops that would soon have goods and also two Amish country stores. And we also made the acquaintance of a very soft, good-smelling, all-together-wonderful, Great Dane puppy. Unfortunately, purchasing the puppy involved my husband's least favorite words "credit card".
Saturday evening we went with my parents to a benefit concert. The featured performances were of a Johnny Cash impersonator opening for an Elvis impersonator. It was fine, but I'm pretty critical of Elvis impostors. Sunday was hum-drum and rest.
  • Just a little "nutshell" trivia that may come in handy latter- I learned this weekend that I like Long Island Ice Tea. But, on a hot summer day it only makes you warmer.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails