Please Visit My Adoption Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tuesday

I spent most of Tuesday in the hospital. My mother-in-law had hip replacement surgery. Its so exhausting just sitting and waiting. My neice and I were able to entertain each other most of the time with coloring books, sudoko, hangman, etc. We spent the best part of our visit in the surgery waiting room. It was a large room, but there were lots of families waiting as well. A woman waiting near us was talking into two cell phones almost at once. From what I could understand her husband was failing. She was crying one moment and laughing the next. An open bible lay in her lap. Another woman waiting near by, also talking into a phone, apparently was a real astate agent and working right there. One call after the next trying to get clients to schedule showings. She was so busy she missed the front desks call to let her now her daughter had been taken into surgery. Another woman was nearing the end of her wait for her husband, she struck up some conversation with my neice and told her that they invited her to stay at the hospital with her husband but that she was to busy the next day. What a baby her husband was for wanting her to stay. There was a young woman waiting on her father. She said that he had no one else. Its interesting to get a little peice of people when your waiting together. Doesn't take you long to learn what people are all about. If you had been waiting in that room, what impression would we get of you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been the one trying to entertain my children while keeping them quiet...

Boy you sure had the gamut of people-personalities, didn't you. How is your mother-in-law now?

Bethanie said...

She came home yestarday. She having some trouble using the bathroom. They sent her home with a cathedar and she has to see an urologist Monday.

TO BECOME said...

I would sure hope that above everything else they would know that I love and trusted the Lord in the matter at hand and all else. They would also know that I loved my family and would do anything and sacrifice anything for them. That makes me so sad to think that and husband or wife would be too busy for each other. I pray your mother-in-law does very well and gets through this process with the least amount of pain. connie from Texas

Related Posts with Thumbnails